The museum is pleased to announce it has received a $1,500 Heritage Grant from the Amherst Railway Society for a restoration project to restore the Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Parlor Car, “Rangeley.” Built in 1901 by Jackson and Sharpe in Wilmington, Delaware, it is the only two-foot gauge parlor car ever built in the United States. The grant was awarded in January of this year at the annual Amherst Railway Society Railroad Hobby Show in Massachusetts. The Heritage Grant will pay for a treatment proposal to assess the condition and proper restoration of the ornate painted ceiling of the interior of the car, which is believed to be original to its construction. The Parlor Car is currently on display inside the museum and is one of the most popular attractions in the museum’s collection. Once the treatment proposal is complete, the museum plans to search for funding to complete the restoration work.