The Benefits of Membership Include:
- Subscription to the museum’s quarterly newsletter The Two Foot Flyer.
- Free admission to the museum
- Free train tickets for regular service trains throughout the season*
- The ability to attend some special events FREE of charge**
- $2 off train tickets for guests
- 10% discount in the museum gift shop
- 10% discount on facility rentals
- Voting rights – including the annual election of the Board of Trustees.
You can become a member online – by selecting your membership level below and paying with PayPal or a credit card. Please be sure to list the name(s) you wish to appear on the membership. If you prefer to mail your payment to the museum fill out a Membership Form and return to the museum at 58 Fore Street, Portland, ME 04101. All checks should be made payable to the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Co. & Museum.
- Family memberships are valid for two adults and their dependent children under age 18.
- Individual and Family memberships are good for one full year from the date of purchase.
- *Regular service trains are defined as our normal daily operating trains.
- **Special events priced at or below our regular ticket prices are included with membership (Story Time, Ice Cream Trains, Train Day, Independence Day, and Pumpkin Trains are all included). Any events priced above our regular ticket rates are not included as a benefit of membership (The Polar Express, Rails and Ales, and the Wine Wise – “Cork & Rail Limited” are all excluded).
- The museum is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. All membership levels are 100% tax deductible. Please consult your tax adviser with specific deduction questions.